This was an emotional episode for me to record, as I share alot of my own PERSONAL passion about social media as a human, a business owner and a mother.
These platforms are extremely powerful for everyone who uses them, but with that power comes great responsibility which can be demonstrated really well and not so well. And in light of recent tragic events in Australia, I was triggered to touch on this.
I believe we have a duty to act as a GOOD online citizen and we all have the power to use our profiles for the greater good. Whether you use social media as user, a business or are teaching a child how to act online this is an episode worth listening to
I chat about:
- The power in a public profile on a worldwide stage and how this can be used for amazing things and also misused
- How MOST engagement on the platforms begins and is engaged with due to our passion on the said topic
- How we cannot predict how others will be triggered by content and how to be aware of whether your content or content you engage with will trigger someone
- The pitfalls of not being aware of how you behave online AND also not teaching our children how to behave online
- How to act as a brand in times of crisis or on topics of extreme emotion
And much more!
Listen in here
If you are listening in over the time of the bushfire crisis here are some links of entities that are helping the appeal
Social media accounts of interest
Celeste Barber Facebook Page you will find her fundraiser here while it’s active
WIRES Facebook Page you will find their fundraiser here while it’s active
Buy From The Bush featuring small businesses in drought affected communities
Spend With Them featuring businesses from towns affected by fires
Join The Social Collective Membership!
If you are a small brand on a small budget and want:
- Weekly strategies & actionable tasks sent to you weekly
- A content library of templates, post prompts and cheat sheets
- An online community that has your back
- Monthly Q&A’s with yours truly
- A members only portal of training and learning
- Monthly comprehensive content calendars
- Over $200 in digital products
For only $29 per month or join for 12 and get 2 months FREE!
AND for the month of January 50% of all new membership total sales are going to support the bushfire appeal
My links to hang out with me more here
Want To Be Interviewed On The Podcast?
Fill in the form below or DM me on Insta @the__social__hub and let’s chat
Cause clearly chatting is something I am good at!